Pharmacology 3 - Unit 5
5. Principles of toxicology
- Definition and basic knowledge of acute, subacute and chronic toxicity.
- Definition and basic knowledge of genotoxicity, carcinogenicity, teratogenicity and mutagenicity
- General principles of treatment of poisoning
- Clinical symptoms and management of barbiturates, morphine, organophosphosphorus compound and lead, mercury and arsenic poisoning.
- Definition of rhythm and cycles.
- Biological clock and their significance leading to chronotherapy