1. Pharmacology of drugs acting on Respiratory system
- Anti -asthmatic drugs
- Drugs used in the management of COPD
- Expectorants and antitussives
- Nasal decongestants
- Respiratory stimulants
2. Pharmacology of drugs acting on the Gastrointestinal Tract
- Antiulcer agents.
- Drugs for constipation and diarrhoea.
- Appetite stimulants and suppressants.
- Digestants and carminatives.
- Emetics and anti-emetics.
- General principles of chemotherapy.
- Sulfonamides and cotrimoxazole.
- Antibiotics- Penicillins, cephalosporins, chloramphenicol, macrolides, quinolones and fluoroquinolins, tetracycline and aminoglycosides
- Antitubercular agents
- Antileprotic agents
- Antifungal agents
- Antiviral drugs
- Antimalarial drugs
- Antiamoebic agents
- Urinary tract infections and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Chemotherapy of malignancy
- Immunosuppressant Protein drugs, monoclonal antibodies, target drugs to antigen, biosimilars
5. Principles of toxicology
- Definition and basic knowledge of acute, subacute and chronic toxicity.
- Definition and basic knowledge of genotoxicity, carcinogenicity, teratogenicity and mutagenicity
- General principles of treatment of poisoning
- Clinical symptoms and management of barbiturates, morphine, organophosphosphorus compound and lead, mercury and arsenic poisoning.
- Definition of rhythm and cycles.
- Biological clock and their significance leading to chronotherapy