Metabolic pathways in higher plants and their determination
- Brief study of basic metabolic pathways and formation of different secondary metabolites through these pathways- Shikimic acid pathway, Acetate pathways and Amino acid pathway.
- Study of utilization of radioactive isotopes in the investigation of Biogenetic studies.
General introduction, composition, chemistry & chemical classes, biosources, therapeutic uses and commercial applications of following secondary metabolites:
Isolation, Identification and Analysis of Phytoconstituents
- Terpenoids: Menthol, Citral, Artemisin
- Glycosides: Glycyrhetinic acid & Rutin
- Alkaloids: Atropine,Quinine,Reserpine,Caffeine
- Resins: Podophyllotoxin, Curcumin
Industrial production, estimation and utilization of the following phytoconstituents: Forskolin, Sennoside, Artemisinin, Diosgenin, Digoxin, Atropine, Podophyllotoxin, Caffeine, Taxol, Vincristine and Vinblastine
Basics of Phytochemistry
Modern methods of extraction, application of latest techniques like Spectroscopy, chromatography and electrophoresis in the isolation, purification and identification of crude drugs.